This policy reflects the Fonds de recherche du Québec (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies, Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé, Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture) (FRQ) commitment to ensure accessibility of the Scientifique en chef’s website www.scientifique-en-chef.gouv.qc.ca to the widest possible audience.
Given the wide variety of computers, operating systems and software in existence today, the FRQ cannot guarantee perfect compatibility of the Scientifique en chef’s website. We recommend that you use the most popular interfaces while accessing the site.
Compliance with Government of Québec Accessibility Standards
In accordance with the Government of Québec standards on web accessibility, the FRQ apply the following rules to the Scientifique en chef’s website:
- rules enabling the website to be made accessible to everyone, whether a person has a disability or not;
- rules enabling all downloadable documents found on the website to be made accessible to everyone, whether a person has a disability or not;
- rules enabling all web animation or audio or video content on the website to be made accessible to everyone, whether a person has a disability or not.
The Scientifique en chef’s website is compatible with the following software tools:
Accessibility of the Scientifique en chef’s website has been verified with the following browsers:
- Chrome: C35 and C34 (or more recent)
- Firefox: FF30 and FF29 (or more recent)
- Internet Explorer : IE 10, IE 11 (or more recent)
- Safari: S7 (or more recent)
If your browser is not up to date, you might encounter difficulties in accessing the Scientifique en chef’s website. The site can also be viewed using other browsers and versions. However, these have not been tested and certain content may not display correctly.
- Non Visual Desktop Access (NVDA)
To optimize your visit, we recommend the use of the following plug-ins:
- HTML Validator
- Juicy Studio Accessibility Toolbar 1.7
- This icon leads to Twitter
- This icon leads to Facebook
- This icon leads to Linkedin
- This icon leads to YouTube
- This icon indicates that you are leaving the Scientifique en chef’s website
- These paired icons lead to a PDF document
- These paired icons lead to a Word document
- These paired icons lead to a Excel document
- These paired icons lead to a PowerPoint document
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view and print the program descriptions, PDF forms and reports provided on the Scientifique en chef’s website.
- For the Scientifique en chef’s website: use Acrobat Reader 4.05 (or more recent)
The FRQ cannot guarantee accessibility of third-party content which may not be subject to the same accessibility standards.
Converting PDF Documents to HTML
To use the PDF-HTML conversion tool provided by access.adobe.com, simply type the URL of the PDF document into the online form and click on “Get a HTML version of this PDF document”. The PDF will be instantly converted into HTML and displayed in your Web browser.
If you need help while browsing our website or if there is content that you cannot access via adaptive technology, please contact our webmaster.
Links to Other Websites and to PDF Documents
The Scientifique en chef’s website contains links to various external websites that are not managed by the FRQ and to PDF documents, some of which are not issued by the FRQ. When you click on these links or when you open a PDF document, you leave the Scientifique en chef’s website. When you leave the Scientifique en chef’s website, the following icon shows up . However, if the icon is followed by the icon , you are opening a PDF document.
The FRQ have no control over the content, conditions or policies of these external websites or on the content of these PDF documents and the fact that they are included on the Scientifique en chef’s website in no way implies responsibility on the part of the FRQ, except for the PDF that are issued by one or the other of the Fonds de recherche, or by all three FRQ and that carry the logo. Note that the documents issued by the FRQ or kept under their responsibility are accessible via the URL of any of the Fonds de recherche and usually carry the logo of the relevant Fonds de recherche or that of the FRQ.
Any personal information you send through these sites will be subject to each of these external websites’ personal information protection policy and conditions of use.
Person Responsible for Access and for the Application of the Access Act
The FRQ are solidarily responsible for the Scientifique en chef’s website and are subject to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, CQLR c A-2.1. The Person Responsible for Access is in charge of supporting the Scientifique en chef in ensuring compliance with this Law. Requests for access, comments or complaints of non-respect of the Law can be addressed to the Person Responsible for Access at FRQS.
For more information, consult the Access to Information section of the FRQS website.
Comments or Questions
If you have any comments or questions on our accessibility policy, please use the Contact Us button found on all of our web pages.
Last update: June 2016