Science advice articles and conferences
- 4th International Conference on Science Advice to Government, INGSA 2021 — Build Back Wiser: Knowledge, Policy and Publics in Dialogue, August 30-September 2, 2021
- Day dedicated to the Francophonie, September 2, 2021
- Closing remarks, September 1st 2021, by Rémi Quirion, president-elect, INGSA
- Plenary session “From local to global government advices: Practical lessons learned as inaugural Québec Chief Scientist” and round table “Mapping critical policy nodes – Identifying the articulation points between interacting SDGs and domestic policy priorities” during the INGSA biennial conference
- 10 tips for making researchers’ voices heard by politicians. Rémi Quirion – University Affairs, September 21, 2017
- Le Québec doit s’engager plus avant dans la diplomatie scientifique. Rémi Quirion – Le Devoir, June 8, 2017
- “La science, une question éminemment politique” . Hélène Roulot-Ganzmann – Le Devoir, May 6, 2017
- Il faut stabiliser la pratique du conseil scientifique. Marie-Hélène Alarie – Le Devoir, November 5, 2016
- Reflections on science advisory systems in Canada. Rémi Quirion et al. – Palgrave communication, August 2, 2016
On the occasion of the second INGSA conference, the four authors, Rémi Quirion, Arthur Carty, Paul Dufour and Ramia Jabr, paint a historical and contextualized picture of the practice of science advice in Canada and Québec, and emphasize the need to stabilize the current system to withstand political uncertainty and change. View the full special collection Scientific advice to governments.
- Rémi Quirion : le boss des sciences. Valérie Borde – L’actualité, June 9, 2014
- Montreal to host the first international meeting of chief scientists. Marie Lambert-Chan – University Affairs, February 26, 2014
To see the Chief Scientist’s other media appearances, click here.